Saturday, January 10, 2009

Rainy Satuday at school

Well, unfortunately I am at school on a Saturday (Yuck) I am hear because I am having problems getting my smartboard to work and it is driving me crazy. Finally after about 2 days of panic I realized just do an alternate lesson plan on Monday until you can call the Tech Squad out her to help. So I will begin doing that soon.
The free thing is doing ok. I still haven't purchased anything other than groceries but it is getting hard. I think other things are starting to bother me more, now that I can't run away and escape as easily.
There were a couple of things I wanted to mention that are free and fun. As a teacher I get in free to any sporting event in the county. WooHoo!!! Actually I may see about some of the high school games and maybe even see if I can use it with Johnson City Schools as well. That would as least be an evening out. Unfortunately, when I am at a game, nachos start calling me.
Another wonderful way to have things for free is to join Freecycle.com. It is a network of people who have things that they want to give to people and people that need them. Alot of the stuff is furniture and clothing but I have received some tile for my mosaic table top and a cassette tape player that I needed for practicing my cello. It is worth looking into. You have to be quick though but who knows? You may get just what you are looking for.
Gotta go get my lessons ready for Monday. Talk more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment