Sunday, April 1, 2012

Volunteering


One of the best way that I have found to help yourself, is by helping others.  Maybe it is because I live in the volunteer state, but giving time to organizations that you like it a great way to better your life.  I can not list all of the great things that I have received by volunteering.  Some of the simple things are: free meals, clothing, contests to win prizes, and even a trip to another country.
I never would have visited the Czech Republic without volunteering

Of course, the most important and valuable things that I got were intangibles. Volunteering at the animal shelter gave me lots of puppy and kitty love.  I have made many, many friends. I have also gotten to experience things that I wouldn't have otherwise.
Good Times, Good Friends
The important thing is to volunteer for things that are meaningful to you.  “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.”
Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment